Watched Issues Filter Not Working Properly

Robert DelFave June 9, 2021

I am looking to have a custom count in a Filter Count widget to show the total number of Watched Issues by any of my team members. 

I created the filter using 

watcher = currentUser()

When you load the Filter Count widget, it shows 1 but there are many more issues being watched.

When clicking into the count, the JQL is switched to: 

filter in ("10369") AND watcher = currentUser()

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 4.32.39 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hello @Robert DelFave 

Welcome to the community.

When you add the gadget to your dashboard you must specify a project or a saved filter for the gadget to use. When you add a count (custom or otherwise) it will count the issue that match your count criteria that are within the filter you've applied to the gadget.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.50.57 PM.png

What filter did you apply to the gadget?

When you click through on the count, you are taken to the search screen where that filter plus your criteria is being applied to give you the results.

Robert DelFave June 10, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill , I am using a current Project/Filter as seen below:

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.58.23 AM.png

Overall, the three other filters work great when showing the current total for the user viewing the page except for Tickets I Am Watching.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

@Robert DelFave 

What is the jql for the saved filter "ProdSup: All Projects - Current User"?

@Trudy Claspill 

filter = 10368 AND assignee = currentUser() AND statusCategory != Done
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

@Robert DelFave 

What is the jql of the filter with ID 10368?

Are there any issues where you are a Watcher AND an assignee AND the issue status is not in the Done Status Category AND whatever the criteria is for filter 10368?

It seems that the only way the filter works is if I am the assignee and watching. How can I have it to be just if I am watching?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

Remove "and assignee = currentUser()" from the base filter used by the gadget.

Suggest an answer