Want to send one email with multiple issues listed

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

I am attempting to automate a rule that will send one email that lists multiple issues that have not been marked done by the due date.

I keep getting an error message that states the following:

2023-03-22 12_46_42-Testing Project - Details - Jira.png     I copied the way I set the rule up from this resource Automation rule to get email notification along with report before 5 days of due date  .

The only thing that I added was that I wanted it to only pull for a specific issue whose summary I added to the rule. 

The rule is laid out as follows:

2023-03-22 12_50_26-Testing Project - Details - Jira.png

The email is set up as follows:

2023-03-22 12_51_29-Testing Project - Details - Jira.pngI cannot get the error message to go away. Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Collista Lewingdon 

You need to include the criteria for the Summary field into the JQL you are using in the Lookup Issue action, rather than have it as a separate Condition/step in the automation rule.

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

If I do that it will submit an email for each issue. I only want one email for multiple issues. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

No, it won't.

The Lookup Issues action collects the issues you want to include in the email. You have to have all the conditions for selecting those issues in the JQL statement used in the Lookup Issues action.

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

So how would I format that in the Lookup Issues section? That I only want issues with a summary that includes "Receive Period Scheduled Submissions" that have not been marked due by due date. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

When creating JQL for use in a rule, it can help to create it stand-alone first in Advanced Issue Search.

The first part of the JQL is already in the Lookup Issues step.

To add a criteria to search for text in a text field, you can find information about that  here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-syntax-for-text-fields

<jql from Lookup Issues> AND summary~"\"Receive Period Scheduled Submissions\""

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events