WORKFLOW TRANSITION CONDITION VALIDATORS

Selvakumar August 17, 2022

Hi there,

I am really stuck in completing so I hope I can get help here.

My case should be simple : 

• In my workflow, CASE 1 would like to add the following condition
    1. From MEC CTO number I've two transition happening.
    2. MEC CTO review to Y Assign to R&D [blue dark line marked 1]
    3. R&D to do trial and submit report to X PTE [orange line : FOR PTE APPROVAL]
    4. PTE to review report (REJECT or APPROVE) back to R&D  [orange line: PTE REJECTED OR PTE APPROVED]
    5. After PTE approval, R&D to submit report to Z QUA [purple line : FOR QUA APPROVAL].  If reject repeat trial by R&D
    6. Z QUA to review report (REJECT or APPROVED) back to R&D [brown line : QUA APPROVED R&D REPEAT TRIAL]
    7. R&D to share report to MEC CTO. [purple dotted line : TR REPORT]

•  In my workflow, CASE 2 would like to add the following condition
    1. MEC CTO review to X Assign to PTE (blue dark line marked 2)
    2. PTE to do trial and submit report to Y R&D [black line- FOR R&D APPROVAL]
    3. R&D to review report (REJECT or APPROVED) back to PTE [ black line : R&D REJECTED OR R&D APPROVED]
    4. After R&D approval, PTE to submit report to Z QUA [pink line : FOR QUA APPROVAL]. If reject repeat trial by PTE
    5. Z QUA to review report (REJECT or APPROVED) back to PTE [pink line : PTE to repeat trial]
    6. PTE to share report to MEC CTO. [purple dotted line : TR REPORT]
  • CTO to close 

support.JPGTo achieve this, I have tried, adding custom field condition validator. But, didn't work

What is the best way to make this comparison?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Selvakumar 

One note - I don't see where this ever ends - it looks like it keeps looping forever. 

Regardless, you should use Conditions not Validator. So let's take it one step at a time where you are having the problem. What is the first step that is not working for you?

And what are you trying to do?

And what custom field are you using?

And what are the values of the custom field? 

Selvakumar August 18, 2022

One note - I don't see where this ever ends - it looks like it keeps looping forever

From MEC CTO I have to close, unfortunately I do not have showed here

Regardless, you should use Conditions not Validator. So let's take it one step at a time where you are having the problem. What is the first step that is not working for you?

And what are you trying to do? Approval from X & Y status and them move to Z

And what custom field are you using? : Report Status (as custom field)

And what are the values of the custom field? : Approved  Or Rejected

As you suggested, I need to use this custom field as condition.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

So put a Condition on the transition from X to Z (For QUA Approval). Use the Value Field condition and set the Report Status field = Approved

Also, add a Condition to the transition from X to Y (PTE Rejected). Same process Report Status field = Rejected

You should be able to follow this same process for all of your transitions. 

Like Selvakumar likes this
Selvakumar August 29, 2022

Hi, managed to complete the workflow with conditions and validators.

Using a custom field (condition & validator) done with my flow.

Thanks

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Great!

Suggest an answer