WAS & BY operator

chris.west April 30, 2024

According to the documentation, the BY operator can be used in conjunction with a username, but no username I try in JQL is recognised. Any ideas?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

As I recalled, there is an open issue that trying to use a username with the BY operator does not auto-suggest matching users. Instead you have to get the user's account ID and insert that.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76147

0 votes
Sam Spencer April 30, 2024

I am able to get it working, however the user name wasn't auto predicting / populating when using the BY operator.

I did another search "reporter = username" using the auto populate for the user name I then copied the user name and pasted in the 'BY' query and it worked.

Not really a solution or that helpful. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

That sounds familiar. I think there might be an issue in the Atlassian public backlog about it. I'll do a search later and post what I find.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events