Viewing subtasks in a Active Sprint for a different Jira Project

Anthony June 15, 2020

Hi,

Hi,

I have two Projects:
- Project A (classic)
- Project B (next-gen)

Project A is where our main board is and most of our tickets are.
Project B has a parent ticket which has 4 sub tasks. The parent is assigned to Person X and 1 sub task for that ticket is assigned to Person Y.

I would like the issues + sub tasks from Project B to appear in the board in Project A in the Active Sprints view. I would like the sub task to appear for Person Y. At the moment, only the parent ticket appears, assigned to Person X, and none of the sub tasks appear.

As per the below screenshot, IAM-26 is assigned to MW, however, the sub task (IAM-38) is not assigned to MW and does not appear as a seperate ticket on the board.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.08.08 am.png

Thanks,

Anthony

***UPDATE: As per answer below, this can't be done.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

You will need to adjust the search that the first board uses, such that it includes issues from project B (note that boards do not belong to projjects in Software, they're separate views of a set of issues)

Then you'll need to think again about sub-tasks.  Sub-tasks are very much a part of their parent, not independent entities from their parent.  They will appear when you get the boards to include the stories you want them to show, but only as part of their parent issues.

Anthony June 15, 2020

Thanks, Nic. Appreciate it.

1. By 'search' do you mean the filter in Board Settings > General > Saved Filter? 

2. By `only as part of their parent issues`, are you saying that the sub-tasks won't show separately? I notice that sub tasks show separetly on Kanban boards and also if the sub-tasks are in the same project

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Yes, and yes - whilst Kanban doesn't care if an item is a sub-task, but in Scrum, sub-tasks are very much part of their parents.  They will display on boards, but only as part of their parent.  (In all cases, sub-tasks are in the same project as their parent, because they are part of the parent)

Anthony June 17, 2020

Thanks, Nic. Looks like I won't be able to separate the sub-tasks then. Appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events