View multiple projects on one board

Lee May 18, 2022

I've been trying to figure out how to view all of my project tasks on one board.

I've tried creating a filter as simple as
`project IN (project1, project2)`
but that didn't work.

Here you can see the two different versions of that filter I tried along with the separate projects with a task on the board. I'm unable to see the other project's task with the filter on.

Maybe there's another way to do this or I've misunderstood how this filter should actually work. But in general I just want to be able to have separate projects with their own epics, tasks, etc, but also be able to enable showing all tasks at once on one board.

firefox_rvYKLVzUkW.pngfirefox_8DwFMCUV31.pngfirefox_FdSPn5COen.pngfirefox_VGgSJ0oqYm.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

You should have no problem seeing issues from both projects on your board. There could be other reasons why you can't see issues from a specific project on a board. Most likely it could be permissions-related or status-related.

A quick test is to run a regular Jira search with your board filter to see if the "missing" issue(s) show up there. If the missing issue shows up in your search, it is some sort of board-related problem.

First thing is to make sure the statuses are mapped to your columns, so that they show up. Another is to check for the board subfilter that sometimes will hide tickets that have released FixVersions. 

Good luck!

Lee May 23, 2022

I haven't been able to get it working still. I haven't touched the board configuration at all outside of the default settings. I just went with the scrum board project template and the project type is team managed.

If I type in the same filter on Filters -> Advance Issue Search and make sure to switch to JQL, the tasks I created on each individual projects' board show up. But still when I choose any of the filters I've made on either project's board it only shows the task I've made for that specific project.

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

What is your board filter and what are your quick filters?

Lee May 24, 2022

The filter I was using is the same one in that first picture under test 4. I only see an option for custom filters for a board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events