My Velocity Chart doesn't show any information about my sprints.
I like to use only hours to estimate my stories and subtasks.
My board has this configuration (below):
My burndown chart works perfectly.
But my Velocity chart don't.
I was expecting that it showed my sprints' velocity in hours. But it doesn't show nothing.
Can anyone help me ?
Velocity chart will not be based on hour. Velocity chart shows how much work was commited and completed at the end of the sprint. Storypoint is most common measure of the amount of work completed in agile.
You can always estimate each stories in story point before the start of the sprint and continue taime tracking in hours during sprint. This will allow you to see a burndown in hours and velocity in story points.
The Velocity chart will show hours, but the catch is that it only shows hours for completed issues. So, if you've completed 90 out of 100 hours for an issue it will show as 0 for completion. Additionally, completion is based on the statuses that you've mapped to the Done column in the sprint configuration.
Does anyone know a way to get a Version of this report that shows actual hours completed (including hours burned down on issues that were not completed) I realize this is not "pure scrum" but it is the way my team likes to measure work completed in a task. We can't be the only ones - is there a plug in out there already?
Very weird because I have completed a lot of issues in each sprint.
This is my collumn configuration :
This is a completed story from a past sprint. We can see the logged hours and other informations.
I still dont understand why it doesn't show like yours.
Some idea or tip configuration to check?
On Sprint Report, it shows "Original Time Estimate (0)"
But I dont know why it's showing zero hour(s).
I will tell you how I create/start my sprints:
1) We create a lots of story issues
2) We select some stories to sprint
3) We create a new sprint and set some stories into it
4) We create sub-tasks into each story and for each sub-task we set a estimated work in hours.
5) We have all stories planned with their sub-tasks and these sub-tasks have working remaing planned in hours.
6) We start the sprint.
So... that's it...
I did this since the beginning and I have never had problems... only with this Velocity chart.
Am I doing something wrong?
Frederico, it's been a while since you posted this, so you probably found the issue or are not interested anymore. Anyway, I think the problem you have (same I have) is that you are using sub-tasks.
I think JIRA calculates Velocity using the time (only) from the story, but not aggregating time estimates from sub-tasks. There is a big discussion around JIRA community on when Atlassian will start calculating story time estimates adding the sub-tasks estimates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9167
Hope this helps to everyone stuck with the same problem.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs