Velocity Chart does NOT show all sprints

Fernando.Reich April 19, 2023

Good Morning,

My Velocity Chart doesn´t show all sprints, for example, sprint 7 is not shown and also the sprints are not in the correct order.

I´m the project admin but I´ve tried to disable “Hide unrelated sprints viewing option from the Velocity Chart, but that option is not there  :-)

Does anyone know why some Sprints may not show up and how to fix the Order of Sprints in the Velocity Chart?

2 answers

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2024

Hi @Fernando.Reich @Brad Paugh   👋

With my SaaSJet team, we built a new Sprint Performance Report where we have all the metrics for each sprint. One of them is Team Velocity. Report available throw the Time In Status for Jira add-on. 

SP TV (1).png   

I would be happy if you had a look at it! 

Try Time In Status for Jira + Sprint Report for free.

You can also book a live demo - we'll show you the application inside out and answer all your questions.

Have a nice day and happy sprinting 🥳

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hello @Fernando.Reich 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Velocity Charts will not show "all" sprints. They show only the last 7 sprints completed by the team. I have not played with this report much, but I would assume the selection of sprints and the ordering of them would be based on the Completion Date of the sprints that were created in the board where the report is being generated.

The "Hide Unrelated Sprints" option is available only in Jira Server/Data Center, not in Jira Cloud.

More information about the Velocity Chart can be found here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-velocity-chart/

Brad Paugh February 5, 2024

This is absurd, why would the hide unrelated sprints option only be on Jira server? The current velocity chart on Jira cloud is so limited it is useless. There are zero filtering options, and currently I can see hardly any of my team's recent sprints because it's full of other team's sprints.

Like Sylvie Teboul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events