Values are not reflecting when we select them from dropdown

Parsa Mounika September 22, 2022

Hi Team,

Recently we have added some values to single select custom field and when we select those newly added values while creating tickets those values are reflecting but when select any value which are newly added in between the transition it is appearing as blank instead of the value. Last 3 values are newly added and the blue color value is the one which I selected in one of the transition "change HERE Workstream" instead of value it is showing blank. Can some one help me on this. This is causing big issue in our Jira.

Screenshot (88).png

Regards,

Mounika

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Check the workflow to see if there are any post functions for the transition that might be changing that field.

Parsa Mounika December 21, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill there are no post functions related to the field which I am facing the issue.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Can you show us the Post functions for the "Change HERE Workstream" transition?

Parsa Mounika December 22, 2022

HERE WORKSTREAM pf.png

In first post function one script is running and adding that script also

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption import java.text.Format; import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; import java.util.Date; def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager() def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager() Issue issue = issue def currentUserObj = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser() CustomField here_workstream = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_18209") CustomField here_comment = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_17910") def cur_date = new Date().format( 'dd:MM:yyyy hh:mm' ) String here_workstream_value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(here_workstream).toString() def here_comment_value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(here_comment).toString() if (( here_workstream_value == "null") || (here_workstream_value == "NA")) { //do nothing } else{ if (here_comment_value == "null"){ String new_comment = "["+ cur_date + "]" + "\t" +":: HERE Workstream has been changed to "+ "\""+ here_workstream_value+ "\""+ ". Defect will be analyzed by the new workstream" issue.setCustomFieldValue(here_comment, new_comment) issueManager.updateIssue(currentUserObj, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false) } else { String new_comment = "["+ cur_date + "]" + "\t" +":: HERE Workstream has been changed to "+ "\""+ here_workstream_value+ "\""+ ". Defect will be analyzed by the new workstream" String updated_value = new_comment + "\n"+ here_comment_value issue.setCustomFieldValue(here_comment, updated_value) issueManager.updateIssue(currentUserObj, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false) } }

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2022

If you disable the script post function does the field get set correctly?

Parsa Mounika December 22, 2022

Hi , we are still facing the same issue. After disabling the script also.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

I'm afraid I don't have any additional troubleshooting tips.

I recommend that you have one of your Jira Administrators open a support case directly with Atlassian Support.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer