Using config.sh to reconfigure database breaks Tomcat server.xml configuration file

Xavier Walker November 20, 2020

I've been scratching my head for the past hour trying to understand why my instance of Jira no longer works: our Apache reverse proxy comes out with a Proxy Error.

I have just used the config.sh tool to change the database as we're migrating from the built-in H2 to MySQL 8.

Running the tool and making changes ONLY to the database side, testing (ensuring it's successful) then saving the config and restarting Jira, it no longer works.

Upon further inspection, the config.sh tool also changes the server.xml file breaking our reverse Apache configuration.

I can't believe this is normal: surely changes to the database only section should only result in rewriting the dbconfig.xml file; the server.xml file should remain untouched?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

The config tool has no way of understanding what you might be doing with the server.xml to make it work with other software it has no knowledge of.  It has to write a "known to work" config, and it's up to us to reconfigure it for things outside of its area.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events