Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using automations to update ASAP mode/lag time in BigGantt Edited

I have created automations (using Automation for Jira), that when creating an issue, it auto-creates all relevant sub-tasks.

The automation also links all sub-tasks one after the other.
However, not all sub-tasks should have ASAP mode enabled, and some should have a specific lag time.

I couldn’t find a way to automate that as well.
Are there any fields I can use to specify the ASAP/lag values for each link I create?
Is there any other way that this could be automated?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Nadav Shamgar

Currently, we do not have the technical possibility to provide lag time and ASAP mode editing options directly in Jira because Atlassian does not allow adding custom attributes to Jira links.

However, our Team is working on new features that will enable this kind of automation via API.

Please follow the feature request link: Public endpoint for dependency creation, to be up to date with the functionality progress. Please note that it is best to open the link in the incognito tab of your browser.

Hi @Nadav Shamgar -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Full disclosure, I am not using that addon product, BigGantt...

If the fields you want are accessible as custom fields, you may be able to edit them with smart values.  To learn if they are available, find an example issue which has that data and then call the REST API to check if they are visible.  Here is the how-to for that method:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Best regards,

Bill

Thank you for your help!

I tried your idea but sadly those fields probably don't exist...
That information should be stored somewhere, according to which BigGantt is doing rescheduling of tasks when dependent tasks move.

Any idea where it can be found?

Hi! The fields may have non-obvious naming.  How about this: please reach out to the Big-Gantt vendor's support and see if they have experience with automation and their fields:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213016/biggantt-gantt-chart-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=support

If you learn something from them, please consider posting back here so the whole community can benefit.  Thanks!

Thank you for the advice.

I have sent them as I posted here as well, and waiting for their response.
I will update when I have answers.

Re: non-obvious names.
I have tried plugging in a specific number in the lag-time field to search for it in all the fields from the API, but that number was nowhere to be found.. :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Jira issue check and more advanced commit verifications for Bitbucket DC

Pre-receive hooks that verify the Git commit message, the modified files, and implement similar code change controls used to be requirements of large enterprises working in regulated industries only....

32 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you