Users not returned in the custom field

Rafael Tihai April 10, 2023

Hello.

I’m new to cover support for Jira so I would appreciate your suggestion in resolving next question: we had added a custom field “Multiple Assignees” to a task screen and more users cannot search any of the users in this field and add them. With my user I can add user’s names in this field but even if granted same user rights to the users who raised the issue, they still can’t return any username in the custom field named “Multiple Assignees”.

Thank you for time and shared knowledge.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Rafael Tihai and welcome to the Community!

To find users in a user picker field, users need to have the global permission Browse Users. Usually this permission is missing for users who can't select people there.

With admin permissions, you can find that permission in Jira Settings > System > Global Permissions.

Hope this helps!

Rafael Tihai April 10, 2023

Hello Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_

I had searched and the permission “Browse users and groups” was granted already the user/group “Administrators” assigned also at the project level to the users who faced the issue.

Thank you for your fast answer but this has not resolved my issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events