Users can't tag colleagues in ticket

Kate Hunter April 20, 2021

Some people on my team cannot tag their colleagues in tickets. When I type in the "@" and type a name, the name turns blue and the that person if notified about the mention. A group of people on my team cannot mention people -the name stays as regular text. I have included an image of what it looks like for me, but the other team members do not get this blue text.

From my end, it looks like they have the same permissions access as the rest of the team. Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.18.07 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

@Kate Hunter,

Welcome to the Community!  This is usually happening because people don't have the global permission browse users and groups.

You can check that setting (if you have admin permissions) at <your site>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa 

Hope this helps!

Kate Hunter April 20, 2021

Thank you for you quick response! I have reached to the admin at my company to see if they can manage this permission for me. Hopefully it works! Thanks again

Pierre Rochefort January 27, 2022

This was very helpful for me. Just wanted to thank you for sharing this.

Like # people like this
Sashank Jain August 16, 2022

Super helpful

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Emma Lundén August 23, 2022

This helped me to, thanks :)!

Team Logistics Sigma September 26, 2022

Me too! Great!

Benjamin Høegh December 13, 2022

Very useful, a little question, what happens if a user try to mention a user there dosen't have permission to view the project?

Shereen Magistrado April 14, 2023

Thank you!

John Isherwood April 28, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout this was very helpful, thank you!

Malene Vikkelsø September 20, 2023

@Benjamin Høeghusers are only able to tag users that have access to the project. If you try to tag a user that does not have access to that project the user will not show up as a tag-option.

Suggest an answer