User wants to manage sprints that pull tickets from mulitple projects accross the site.

Colleen March 20, 2023

I'm trying to help a user who has a sprint board that currently only displays tickets from the one project it was set up with. But she is unable to pull tickets from other projects to include in the sprints. I know she has the manage sprints permission in these other projects. Also, the filter does not specify any projects and so does not exclude any projects across the site: 

assignee in (membersOf(Requirements)) AND status not in ("To Certification", Done, Rejected, completed, Failed, "Released Globally") ORDER BY status ASC, updated ASC, assignee ASC, key ASC, created ASC

Does she need admin permissions in the other projects to manage sprints there? Or what am I missing here?

1 answer

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Hi Colleen,

After reviewing the filter JQL (thanks for sharing it) it seems the jql is too wide/open, I will suggest you to add:  project in (###,$$$,%%%).

This can make Jira asses better the permissions needed by the user regarding the Manage Sprint permission.

Kindly make that change to the JQL, assuming that the user has Manage sprints and Browse project permission on the projects, it should work.

If you have further questions, just let me know.

David
ServiceRocket

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Indeed, with no project defined, the issues could come from anywhere, so your user would need "manage sprint" in every project that exisits.

Like David Freitez likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events