User's ID Problem (xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Rabia Sarıkaya April 19, 2021

Hi everyone, 

Users' ID look like xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. But a my system's Jira admin's ID look like xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx ("x" is number or character) And this admin can't sharing epic or issue. Can you help me about this?

Note: System is standart cloud. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi Rabia,

Yes, I have noticed that there is a different format to the User Account ID for different users. But not real sure why. Maybe it is the Admin thing. 

However, what is it that you are actually trying to do (detailed steps) and where is it failing? 

Rabia Sarıkaya April 19, 2021

Hi John,

First, thanks for your answer.

This user hasn't sharing button. His permissions and authorities are same others. Even at the same time, he is a Jira admin. The image he sent;

ss.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

The user still needs permissions on the project, even if they are a Jira Administrator.

I would use the permission helper function in the Permission Scheme for that project to see what comes up. You should check Edit Issue permission and as well as other permissions related to issues. 

Rabia Sarıkaya April 21, 2021

I already checked all permissions or other schemes. But I think the cause of the problem is ID difference.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

What do you mean by ID difference?

Suggest an answer