User management - multiple sites under one organisation

Angelika Bell March 16, 2021

Hi

If you have multiple sites set up under the same organisation is it possible to have a site admin for each site to do the user management? 

What we need is a user at each site to be able to do the user management but without having the overall organisational site admin access. 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Simmons March 16, 2021

Hi Angelika,

To clarify, you do not want the admin of your Atlassian account to have access to the sites, and only 1 person per site has admin access. Is that right?

Michael

Angelika Bell March 16, 2021

Hi Michael

The site admin of our Atlassian account can have access to anything.

I just would like the separate sites to have a user who can do the user management for their own site but not have access to other sites. So basically I would like to lock down the access for just the site but to have the option to do their own user management.  

Hope this makes sense. 

Angelika Bell March 18, 2021

Any idea if this works?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Angelika Bell

from what I understood this is referred by documentation in:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/how-many-instances-of-a-product-does-my-organization-need/

From what I understood when having multiple instances user management can be splitted.

Regards,
Daniel

Angelika Bell March 23, 2021

Thanks Daniel. Yes, that's what I was after. :)

So do I understand it correctly that with the Standard Plan we won't be able to have multiple instances? Do we need the Enterprise plan if we would like to set up separate sites (instances) within an organisation? 

Thanks

Angie

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

This is what I understood, yes. To make really sure, also for the part of splitted user management, it would make sense to double check with Atlassian support I recommend.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events