User is no longer able to create new issue in Jira via Chrome browser

Dawn Rick November 19, 2020

I am unable to create new issues in Jira using Chrome. This appears to be an issue with JavaScript issue and a resource file not being found. I have cleared cache and logged out of Chrome altogether but issue persists.

The details available in the Dev console in Chrome include:

"i"))},"equals:":function(b,d){return b.equals(d)},"is:":function(b,d){return b.is(d)}};d.each("origin authority directory domain filename fragment hash host hostname href password path pathname port protocol query resource scheme search subdomain suffix tld username".split(" "),function(h,g){A[g]=!0;d.attrHooks["uri:"+g]=b(g)});var t=function(b,g){return d(b).uri().href(g).toString()};d.each(["src","href","action","uri","cite"],function(b,g){d.attrHooks[g]={set:t}});d.attrHooks.uri.get=function(b){return d(b).uri()};

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dawn Rick November 30, 2020

After some additional troubleshooting and some information I found in another user-submitted question, I discovered the culprit was a Google Extension I had installed.  This Google Extension is called the Notebook Web Clipper and it appears to interfere with several features and functions of Jira. It apparently is not at all compatible with Jira. I was having additional issues that I did not list in my question that have also been resolved by disabling this extension in my Google Chrome browser. I'm not sure if you can explicitly state the name of the extension in your Help materials but I would strongly discourage the use of this particular extension, if possible. 

Thanks!

Dawn Rick, A Concerned Jira User :)

Jira_Create_Issue_Notebook_Web_Clipper.png

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hello @Dawn Rick,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that you are part of the groups jira-servicedesk-users and members, but Service Desk was removed from the site.

With this said, please, test using other browsers or another computer as Brant said and if you still face issues, it's important to talk to your administrator to confirm if you have permission on the project and to create tickets.

Feel free to share with us a screenshot if it shows any pop-up message when you try to create a ticket.

Also, when you say that you are not able to create a ticket, do you mean that the Create button (on the top) is not working or it happens when you click on Create after filling all the fields?

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Dawn,

Can you create issues in other browsers?  Can you create issues in Chrome on a different computer that is not yours and does not have the same Chrome settings as yours?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events