User cannot see issue despite being in the security level

Deleted user December 11, 2019

I have a project that is mostly using default software permissions.  I want to allow contractors to only view some issues.  I created a security scheme and level with our contractor project role in it.  I associated the security scheme and level to the project in question.  I changed the issue security level to the one I created above; however, the contractor still can't see the issue.

So what am I doing wrong here? Do I have to change some other permission to allow the contractor to view the issue? Specifically, I'm wondering, do I have to give the contractor group permission to browse projects? When I test this, the contractor group can see all issues.  I think this is because none of the issues were previously secured.  Do I have to bulk update issues in the project to the stricter security scheme, i.e., does the default security level only apply to new issues?

And if I do have to bulk change issues, the limit is 1K, and I have >6K issues.  Is there an easier way to change all of them vs. doing 1K at a time?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

As I'm understanding, the contractors currently do not have the 'Browse Projects' permission? They will need it in order to view any issues inside of the project (secured or not). And yes, by default they will be able to see all unsecured issues, so you will have to bulk edit the ones already created to give them their proper security level.

I don't believe there is an easier way to edit more than 1k issues at a time on Cloud unfortunately.

Deleted user December 12, 2019

Correct.

Ok, I gave the contractor group Browse Projects permission, and then bulk edited all of the existing issues to a specific security level.  I wish there was an easier way to do this, but I think it worked.  

Thanks, @Michael Andolfatto 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events