User-based notification according to updated date

Johannes Wilhelm November 26, 2020

It is about an automation rule. The goal is to inform users about tickets whose updated date is several days ago.

Every user should receive an email with the issues relevant to him.

I tried:
Timer based:
0 0 9 ? * MON *

Lookup Issue:
project in (Project1, Project2, Project3) AND assignee is not EMPTY AND status not in (Done, Archived, Backlog) AND updated <= -7d ORDER BY key ASC

E-mail user:
{{#lookupIssues}}
<a href="{{url}}">{{{summary}} ({{{key}})</a><br>{{status.name}} ({{{issuetype.name}})<br>{{assignee.displayName}} - {{{assignee.email}}}<br><br>
{{/}}

But this E-mail containts thet complete lookupissue array. Is there a way to send each user only the tickets that are assigned to him in one e-mail?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Johannes Wilhelm 

Welcome to the Community!

If it is agents (as opposed to customers) that you want to send it you - this could be achieved with a filter subscription.

If you click this article: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/ and scroll down to subscription it will talk you through it.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Johannes Wilhelm November 26, 2020

Hello Liam and thank you very much for the quick response.

I already knew the function, but I didn't know about this detail:

Be aware that the emailed filter results will be specific to each recipient. For example, if the filter uses the currentUser() function, the search results will be evaluated with the recipient as the current user. This doesn't apply to distribution lists (group email aliases).

I was worried that I would have to save a search for every potential user.

So the solution completely fulfils my requirements.

Thank you very much,
Johannes

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

You're very welcome.  'currentUser()' is a lifesaver!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events