Use user-defined formula field for Structure.Gantt chart progress

Manali Butey June 27, 2021

I am trying to get the gantt chart to use a formula field ('Progress' in pic below) for progress calculation. Even though it mentions here that I can use any other field apart from work estimate the options are limited. How can I achieve this ?

Picture1.png

'Progress' formula field is based on Status and ignores parent issue + no 'Apply Resolution'

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Hello Manali!

This is Alexey from ALM Works!

You can write a Formula like this:

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 12.13.59.png

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Alexey

Manali Butey June 28, 2021

Hi @alexeypegov 
I just tried your code but I do not really understand it.
Although it has accepted the formula I cannot see progress bar / progress not reflecting correctly on cards. The idea is that the Issue Progress field created on the Structure is reflected as is on the Gantt.

Capture.PNGCapture 1.PNG

Manali Butey June 28, 2021

I would literally like to set the gantt progress to the 'issue progress' field I have created but unfortunately its not letting me do that
Capture 3.PNG

alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Hi Manali!

Please, note that the `progress` is also a Formula, it won't work otherwise. 

In order to understand your case in more detail and to help you with Formula, please, contact our support: https://support.almworks.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/8/create/70

Best regards,

Alexey

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer