Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Use the calendar in the "Content Management" Template in other projects

Edited

Hello - I've been testing a few different project templates for an upcoming project. The "Content Management" Template has some great features available in the sidebar - Timeline and Calendar.

I am wondering if there is a way to add these to a standard project - new or existing?

If they are not part of the Jira core features does anyone know if the exact features are available in the marketplace?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Tim Semple 

Welcome to the community.

The calendar feature you have found is part of the Work Management types of project, as described here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/use-the-calendar/

That feature is not built in to the navigation pane for the Software projects, but you can

1. Add a shortcut to a modified URL for Calendar that includes the project key for your software project; i.e.
https://<yourURL>/jira/core/projects/<YourProjectKey>/calendar

2. use the Calendar gadget on a Dashboard and reference your software project or other filter as the source data.

This was very helpful - thanks @Trudy Claspill 

I have also been able to link to the Calendar in the sidebar using the "short cut" feature - just added the URL.

This answer is really helpful ! I was having the same issue and this really helpt me !

Thanks @Trudy Claspill !

Regards!

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader Nov 16, 2021

Hi Tim - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Those features are only available for Jira Work Management projects and cannot be shared or used with other project types. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

27 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you