Use the calendar in the "Content Management" Template in other projects

Tim Semple November 15, 2021

Hello - I've been testing a few different project templates for an upcoming project. The "Content Management" Template has some great features available in the sidebar - Timeline and Calendar.

I am wondering if there is a way to add these to a standard project - new or existing?

If they are not part of the Jira core features does anyone know if the exact features are available in the marketplace?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

Hello @Tim Semple 

Welcome to the community.

The calendar feature you have found is part of the Work Management types of project, as described here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/use-the-calendar/

That feature is not built in to the navigation pane for the Software projects, but you can

1. Add a shortcut to a modified URL for Calendar that includes the project key for your software project; i.e.
https://<yourURL>/jira/core/projects/<YourProjectKey>/calendar

2. use the Calendar gadget on a Dashboard and reference your software project or other filter as the source data.

Tim Semple November 16, 2021

This was very helpful - thanks @Trudy Claspill 

I have also been able to link to the Calendar in the sidebar using the "short cut" feature - just added the URL.

Heydi Menéndez March 18, 2022

This answer is really helpful ! I was having the same issue and this really helpt me !

Thanks @Trudy Claspill !

Regards!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

Hi Tim - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Those features are only available for Jira Work Management projects and cannot be shared or used with other project types. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events