Use of our own function in native JQL functions

Prabhuram Kumar January 25, 2021

Hi All,

I need to search the issue based on linkedissue details , but it looks like we need paid app to achieve that .

I am look for an alternate option for that, is it possible to write our own function and include it in filter to search the issue based on linkedissue details ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

On Cloud, no, you can't add your own JQL functions directly.  You can however write apps that can effectively emulate them, and that's what the apps you've found are doing.

You know that as an Adaptavist, I am obliged to mention the stuff Scriptrunner can do with JQL if you do decide to look at paid options - https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/jql-aliases.html  (If nothing else, that shows you what is possible if you're happy to code for yourself)

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hello @Prabhuram Kumar ,

You can search as the below. I'm getting the records.

JQL : issueLinkType in ("is blocked by")

image.png

You can replace the link ("").  Try once.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events