Use automation to flag issue

Robbert Tuerlings June 25, 2020

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 14.26.09.pngI want to have all issues that exceed the Original Estimate Value to be Flagged.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robbert Tuerlings June 30, 2020

@Bill Sheboy @Bayan Hashem 

This is the answer of support:

Currently, the custom field flagged is locked and cannot be modified. So you cannot add any context to add True or false. This was present in the past however, due to issues in flagging, this field is now changed in such a way that context cannot be added and the default value is impediment.

To achieve your use case, you have to use "Impediment " value in "Edit issue" action. This should work.

-----

I've updated the field as such and it did work!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Thanks, @Robbert Tuerlings 

That seems like a recent/pending change as it still works for me with just TRUE.

Like Robbert Tuerlings likes this

It sure does. Since we both are running Cloud, we could be running different versions without our knowledge.

Now you know what to do whenever your field is updated as well :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bayan Hashem July 1, 2020

@Robbert Tuerlings Thank you, its worked with me (use "Impediment " value in "Edit issue" action)

Like Robbert Tuerlings likes this
2 votes
Richard Johnson May 20, 2021

Answer needs an update for current version of Jira so here it is:

blocked.png

On the last step (Edit issue fields) set flagged = impediment.

1 vote
Brooke July 20, 2021

Is there a way to use automation to also remove the flag? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Hi @Brooke 

Yes, you can edit the issue, selecting the Flagged field and leaving the value empty.

Best regards,
Bill

Like Brooke likes this
0 votes
Bayan Hashem June 30, 2020

Actually its worked and you need to fill "Impediment " value in "Edit issue" action. And if you need to run based on another rule check the following checkbox in Trigger section:

Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2020

Hi @Bayan Hashem 

Would you please explain the reason for the changes you are recommending?  I didn't need to do either of those things to get the rule to work.  It seemed that @Robbert Tuerlings was not able to see all of the available options in the drop-down list when setting the Flag.

Thank you.

0 votes
Robbert Tuerlings June 25, 2020

Hey @Bill Sheboy 

The issue is that the comment, that is the follow-up rule, is added to the task. Whilst the same task isn't updated to reflect being "Flagged" by the same automation.

Thanks!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2020

I just tried this with a simple rule and it worked for me:

• Trigger: transitioned (status changed)
  • Condition: story points not empty
  • Action: set Flagged to TRUE
  • Action: add a comment

I see a note for your field edit of Flagged, Advanced.  What are you trying to set the field to?

And, what does the audit log say is happening?

Thanks for any additional info.

Robbert Tuerlings June 26, 2020

That sounds like you have got it figured out.

Where I am lost is: "set Flagged to TRUE" - could you perhaps share more info (e.g. screenshot) what options are used for this?

See the following as my current setup.

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 09.18.24.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2020

Hi!  Please see below for my example.  In your field edit to set Flagged, try looking in the drop-down list for TRUE.  I did not need to use the More options area.

Test of setting flag with rule.JPG

Robbert Tuerlings June 27, 2020

Hey Bill,

Not sure what is happening here, but I cannot see that option.

These are my results - I've tried re-adding the option, still the same.

And the project is "Classic software project".

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 13.27.44.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2020

That is curious...  At this point, I recommend submitting a support ticket to Atlassian and have the automation folks take a look.  You are site admin, so you should be able to submit the ticket directly.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once they answer your issue, would you please post back to here the resolution?

Thanks!

Robbert Tuerlings June 29, 2020

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the link. I will update this thread once I have an answer from them.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bayan Hashem June 30, 2020

Hello,

Please I need to check the update of this issue

Removed.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2020

Hi @Robbert Tuerlings 

What is the issue you are seeing trying to add/run this rule?

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events