Use REST to list issues in non-started sprint

Mark DeMichele February 5, 2013

We recently moved from classic to rapidboards. One feature that we're really missing is the ability to use the Jira Version Workload Report. In the old days during our iteration planning meeting, we would ust this report to view the iteration (i.e., version) and determine the loading of each team member.

Now that sprints are not versions, we're looking for a substitute. I had this "dream" to build a gadget or just a simple webapp that uses the rest api to gather the info for the sprint we're building and give use the stats we need before we comit to our sprint.

Now I noticed that when you start to create a sprint, it is available to view in different browsers on different machines so that info must be persisted on the server somewhere. However, if I use the following rest call,

/rest/greenhopper/1.0/sprints/{rapidboard-id}

It doesn't list that sprint, so I have no idea how to get the sprint ID to even begin to accomplish this.

How can I get the id of this sprint so I can then list the issues in it in order to get their stats.

Also, where the heck is this API documented. I found this, https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/com-pyxis-greenhopper-jira-greenhopper-rest-filter which is very nice for testing the api, but there are no descriptions of what these things do.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark DeMichele March 3, 2013

I just posted my code to figure this out based this call /rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/plan/backlog/data.json?rapidViewId=143

You can see it here. It's not an ideal way to get at this information though. They should make it easier.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/142988/greenhoper-sprints-export-to-excel?page=1#144247

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Looks like you are looking for issues in the backlog?

• /rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapidviews/list.json : This gives you the list of boards

From the list of boards, you can get the sprints. With the rapidviewId, you can then get the details of the sprint using this:

• /rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/plan/backlog/data.json?rapidViewId=143

I suggest that you use Chromes Network tab (Developer Tools) to listen to AJAX request made by the plugin.

That's a interesting call which will come us for me in the future (thanks), but that's not what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is when you click "Create Sprint" and start to fill it up, but don't start it yet. I need to get the list of issues in that sprint.

Ill looked more closesly at the result of that backlog/data call and discovered this.

markers:

[

• {
    • afterIssueKey: "FP-171",
    • name: "Sprint 13",
    • id: 67
    }

],

So I guess that sprint is ID: 67?

If that's true and knowing that, do you know how I list all the issues in that sprint?

Constantin Scheuermann March 3, 2013

Any progress on that topic? I have the same problem

Suggest an answer