Use EPIC of next-gen project in 'normal' project

Dieter Lauwers April 26, 2019

Hi,

For my project I have 2 project

- a next-gen project for high level roadmap

- a 'normal' scrum project with improvements/new feature/sub tasks

When I open a issue in my scrum project, it seems that I cannot select an epic of my next-gen project as epic. Is this correct?

I can add the issue of my scrum project as link on the next-gen epic, but this is not what I want.

Greetings,

Dieter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2019

Hello @Dieter Lauwers 

Possible duplicate

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/Can-t-Link-other-project-issues-to-next-gen-epic/qaq-p/937372

Please see the following answer from Petterson Goncalves (Atlassian)

Hello Robin,

Unfortunately, you can not link issues that are not from a next-gen project with Epics from a next-gen project because this kind of Epics does not have an Epic-name. That's why it is being displayed as unlabelled.

I agree with you that it can cause some confusion. If it's intended that classic issues should not link to Next-gen Epics, it should not even display as an option in the Epic Link field.

That's why we opened a bug to fix this behavior and allow the link between both issue-types:

Provide clearer message when users link Story from non next-gen project with Epic of next-gen project

Suggest an answer