Updating the email address visibility setting for users in Jira using either Integromat or Zapier

Gabriel Notton March 28, 2023

Summary:

I would like to request assistance from Atlassian Support in updating the email address visibility setting for users in Jira using either Integromat or Zapier. Specifically, I would like to know if Atlassian can suggest an alternative solution or provide guidance on using their API to achieve this goal.

Detailed Description:

I am currently facing an issue where I need to update the email address visibility setting for users in Jira. The default setting in Jira is to hide a user's email address from anyone but the user themselves. However, I need to change this setting so that the email addresses of all users are visible to anyone, as I am using Zapier or Integromat to automate certain processes and need to access user email addresses for this purpose.

I have already explored various solutions, including creating a custom field to store the email addresses and using Jira's REST API to update the visibility setting. However, I am still facing issues due to the large number of users in our Jira instance.

Therefore, I am requesting assistance from Atlassian Support to determine if there are alternative solutions or if they can provide guidance on using their API to update the email address visibility setting using either Zapier or Integromat. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Musser September 23, 2023

Did you ever find a solution to this. We are also trying to solve this issue.

I'd like to do it through a REST API if possible

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events