Updating due-dates when moving the issues

yuliia.soury April 16, 2021

Hi!

When moving unresolved issues to the new sprint, the due-dates are left the same. This causes overdue.

Is it possible to make an automation or something else to remind the owner of the issue to change the due-date when the unresolved issue is being moved to the new sprint?

Thank you in advance.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

We support this in Notification Assistant for Jira Cloud. You would use a Field Changed trigger and set it to the sprint field. In the near future, we will release custom email templates so you can customize the message to the user.

Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Hi Yulia,

Yes, you can easily create an Automation For Jira rule to send and email for that. 

Okay, thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi @yuliia.soury,

Just an observation / question - but I'm really curious to know why you're combining the Due Date with the Sprint field? Are you using the Due Date to represent the planned end date of work or is it being used to represent a deadline?

I'm interested to understand the benefit you get from using the 2 fields together,

Regards,

Dave

Cesar Daldosso September 24, 2021

you can use my automation but still remains with a failure when overflow a due date sprint.

Please check it the following

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/how-to-setup-due-date-with-the-sprint/qaq-p/1815900#M162313

Suggest an answer