Updated to JIRA 7.12 and Search Fields are Missing on All Saved Filters

Ken Fischer September 22, 2018

I updated from 7.8 to 7.12-2 just now. The UI seems very slow on both IE and Chrome and when I open any saved filter the Search fields briefly flash and then disappear.  If I open a new filter the fields are there until I save it, then if I open there are no search fields.

1 answer

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hi Ken, 

Unfortunately this is due to a bug in 7.12.2 which has since been removed from our downloads.

While we're waiting on a fix, which will be tracked in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67974 ,please try the following work around: 

1. Open configuration file server.xml (should be in Jira Installation/conf directory)
  2. Find all connectors your application is using
  3. Add ** relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" to properties for example:

<Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^&#x5c;&#x60;&quot;&lt;&gt;" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/>
  4. Restart Jira

Let us know how it goes, and watch the bug for updates. 

Cheers, 

Keri

Suggest an answer