Updated field validator is not working as expected

Bill Somerville April 6, 2018

Hi.  I have an Estimating status in my Jira Cloud workflow, with a transition to itself to allow an abbreviated Edit screen to be presented to gather Time Tracking field updates for dev and QA work.  I'd prefer not to have to show the stock Edit screen, with a zillion fields, for a simple Time Tracking update (this is not for work logging - this is for the original estimate).

It appears that the validator isn't working (it always fails) - my guess is it's because the transition is going back to the same status, as the same validator works fine when transitioning to a different status.  The validator: Field Original Estimate should be modified during the transition.

Is there any way to get this working, short of giving more money for plugins or waiting for an unspecified time for Atlassian to fix this?

e.g. assuming I'm correct about the transition back to the same status, can I transition to a dummy status and have it then transition back to my Estimating status automagically (again, without spending any more money on this)?

Thanks...

Edit: it appears I was wrong when I said that it works on transitioning to a new status.  It still fails, even though the estimate was updated on the screen during transition.  So, the Field modified validator doesn't seem to work at all for Time Tracking.  Field required does work, but not Field modified.

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Ilic August 21, 2020

I'm having the exact same issue with the "Original Estimate" field.

Ogburn, Dustin January 11, 2022

I also have this issue, where I've worked to have a change in Original Estimate as a validator to move into the "To-Do" Status

However, when the user (me) changes the Original Estimate on the transition Screen, the validation still fails

Suggest an answer