Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Update cloned issues simultaneously

Hi,

I want to be able to update feilds of cloned (or linked) issues that were moved (transfered) into other projects. I have several custom feilds that will always stay the same and I'm wondering if I could set it in so when an issue is updated in 1 project, it's also updated in the other project.

In a nut shell:

A clone (or duplicate) an issue, then move it in another project (sometime when all pertinent feild were not yet all filled). This would same me a great deal of retyping concomitant information.

2 answers

Hello Nicolas,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you would like to update the cloned issues fields every time the source issue is upgraded. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have this kind of functionality, however, there are some plugins that can help you achieve this.

My suggestion would be to use Automation for JIRA plugin and configure the following rule:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 17.50.16.png

P.S: I used the Affect Version/s field as an example, put the same rule can be applied to any issue field.

Let me know if this option helps or if you have any other questions about it. :)

This is exactly I needed. Thanks :D

Like RJ likes this

HI Matias,

I tried to open the link from Peter. But it is not working anymore.

could you provide me the plug in name?

best

Hubertus

Seems like there is a free plugin offered by Atlassian serving a similar purpose:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira-data-center-and-server?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

From Jira 9.0 onwards, it's an integral part of the SW, while for earlier versions it is available as a free plugin.

0 votes

hi @Petter Gonçalves

Coming back to this comment I am unable to use the "For linked issues" piece here. I'm using "If: Linked issues present" but its not recognizing ccross-project linked issues unfortunately. Can you help? 

Hey @Emilie Corcoran

Regarding the branch "For linked issues", you can find this by following the steps below:

1. Go to your automation rule > Click to edit
  2. After adding the rule trigger, click to add a new branch > Branch rule/related issues
  3. Select "Linked issues"
    Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.39.28 PM.png

Also, to include cross-projects in your automation, you must create/edit the automation on the global administration page:

1. Navigate to any project > Project settings > Automation
  2. At the top-right corner, click on global administration

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.38.22 PM.png

Under that menu, you should be able to edit the rule details and include more projects to be considered by the automation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events