Update User-Picker field on Resolved and Closed issues

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2021

I have a workflow Open -> InProgress -> Verify -> Resolved -> Testing -> Completed -> Closed

When issues are moving from Verify -> Resolved, I have added post function to update userpicker field "Resolver". Even though Assignee is different person, whoever clicks on "Resolve" button their name will be captured in userpicker field "Resolver"

This works as expected on new issues.
But older issues are already in Resolved, Testing Completed and Closed status, but I have to update "Resolver" field on these issues statuses.

Is there any workaround on how we can solve this

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Ranganath HV Gowda  - You will probably have to do a bulk change and edit the issue to manually set the value for the Resolver field. 

You can start with a filter to see who transitioned the issue to Resolved. For example:

Project = JIRA and status changed to "Resolved" by john.funk and Resolver is EMPTY

When you get the list for that person, do a bulk change and edit the issue to set the Resolver to that user name. 

You will have to do that with each unique user. 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2021

Hello @Ranganath HV Gowda ,

For older issues it's not possible. If you like to update the old issues. You may create a self transition on the required workflow status.

and create a automation by any field value, and run the automation rule. 

The above process may helps you on the above concerned.

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Suggest an answer