Update Status dropdown in Roadmap

Charanya Muthukaruppiah June 3, 2019

we are using kanban board for our project with workflow 'To do, Analyze, Design, Execute, Signoff'.

Added epics and created a roadmap. But the 'status' dropdown in the roadmap shows the option only as 'To do, In progress, Done'. Is there a way to update this dropdown field?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Hello @Charanya Muthukaruppiah 

You are seeing the default columns, in order to see the desired column you have to configure the board columns. Basically, map the workflow status to the board columns and you can also add new columns on the board or remove the columns.

Please see the docs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-columns-938845277.html

Yes, I have updated board columns. I have added few and removed few. Those changes are now reflected in the Board.

But I am unable to see this workflow in the 'Roadmap' (in the status dropdown) that is added to my project. This still shows the old values

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Hello @Charanya Muthukaruppiah 

Thanks for sharing more info, it seems you are using next-gen projects and the "Roadmap" feature of the next-gen projects.

Currently Roadmap supports only status categories and not actual statuses.

Please see this open ticket.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17525

Like Charanya Muthukaruppiah likes this

Hi Tarun,Thank you for the information

Ramil Manansala April 18, 2021

Was also having this issue where we added a new column "In QA" in between "In Progress" and "Done" swim lane in our Kanban Board. Currently, we have 4 columns in our Kanban board. Wanted to see this additional "In QA" column under the Filter drop-down of the Roadmap board but it only shows the 3 default column values "To-Dos", "In-Progress", & "Done". How to add the "In QA" in the Roadmap Board drop-down filter?

Achim Jungnitsch July 7, 2021

We have the same problem. Wondering, that this issue is still not solved. :(

Like Anna Kochura likes this
Paddy Wu September 9, 2021

Every question I have about Jira goes to one of these forms and the answer is that it is not available.... 

Sigrid Schoepel September 15, 2021

I am using a "regular" (not nextgen) project with a company managed board. This does NOT WORK. I've added a status, set an epic to that status, refreshed, checked my board, etc. It's not working.

Like Anna Kochura likes this
0 votes
Hernandez, Leah January 27, 2023

Roadmap is status that is associated with your epics. Other statuses that are offered are scoping/planning, and cancel issue (closed). 

For child issues (stories, tasks, bugs, ideas) you will see statuses like

• needs more info
  • planning/traige
  • ready for dev
  • in progress
  • ready for test
  • under test
  • closed
  • ready for next stage
0 votes
Richard Koch July 28, 2022

Any updates on this? These status should match the "Active Sprint" simplified workflow. 

0 votes
Richard Miller October 20, 2021

I was confused about this too but the drop down is for "status category" not "status" the only available status categories are: to do, in progress and done. What is required is the ability to filter based on status of which you can create your own custom ones each of which has a single status category. Please can we have the ability to filter based on status as I have the concept of "Idea" and "Defined" within my roadmap and I only want to see defined stories in some situations and not see deep backlog idea items

0 votes
Fiona Brown September 16, 2021

It's my understanding that the Roadmap view only supports 'Status Categories' of 'To-Do', 'In Progress' and 'Done' so what you want to achieve isn't possible.

Suggest an answer