Update Custom Field

Nandakumar Sakthivel January 11, 2021

Hi,

Need inputs on the below use case,

JIRA Workflow is , When the development is completed then the issue will be assigned to a Reviewer for code review and then will be assigned to QA for testing. We are creating sub-tasks ( porting the code fix to supported version ) using JIRA Automation when the issue is ASSIGNED TO QA and the sub-tasks needs to be assigned to the original developer.

I don't have the developer details when the ticket is assigned to QA ( As the assignee will be the code reviewer ) , Developer Name needs to be stored in a custom field and the same value needs to be fetched and assigned for the sub-tasks using automation

I am cloning to create sub-task , once the sub-task is created then I need to fetch the value from the custom field and use it as an Assignee for the newly created sub-tasks. 00 Clone issue.png

I don't see an option to fetch the custom field value as part of the clone.

Thanks !!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Nandakumar Sakthivel 

It appears you are editing your question as I am trying to answer.  :^)

You were originally capturing the Developer person in a custom field, and then trying to set it back to the assignee based upon workflow.  To do so, please try this syntax, substituting in your custom field name:

{
    "fields": {
        "assignee": { "id": "{{issue.myCustomField.accountId}}" }
    }
}

You may find more information on advanced editing with JSON here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/

Best regards,

Bill

Nandakumar Sakthivel January 11, 2021

Thanks @Bill Sheboy  

Yes , I updated the questions. Thanks for your response , It worked

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS