Unrelease single task from released version?

Noah Shunfenthal April 28, 2021

I have a task that was released by accident and I can't find any way to dig it out of that fix version and bring it back into my Kanban board. Is there any way to do this? I'd rather not create a new task since I'm trying to not have duplicates.

Thanks!
Noah

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Noah Shunfenthal,

There is probably 2 things you will need to do here. The first one is easy: to remove the task from the release, just locate the task and remove the release from the fixversion field.

A second thing - to bring your task back to your kanban board, I would not be surprised that you may have to update the task status to an open / in progress status. That may be an optional step, but is something you might need to check in addition.

Hope this helps! 

Hi @Walter Buggenhout

I don't appear to have the ability to remove the release from the Fix Versions field. It's just a clickable link to the full release but I don't have an edit icon to remove it. I'm an admin, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't have permissions, either. 

image.png

image.png

Thanks!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hey @Noah Shunfenthal

Can you check if the fixversion field is on the edit screen that is associated with tasks in your project?

Through Project Settings > Screens, locate the screen that is linked to the edit operation for tasks. Click through to edit that screen and make sure fixversion is on it.

@Walter Buggenhout 

That did it! Thank you so much! 👏

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS