Unintentional Changes on Status and Assignee

Krizzia Sanchez September 15, 2022

Hi Team,

I recently had access to my company's JIRA board and was just reading through user stories. Two days after, a colleague has told me that I changed status and assignees. I did not believe her until I saw the history and saw my name, that I changed status of 6 stages and 1 assignee. 

I am racking my brain and couldn't remember changing a thing in the board, let alone make 7 back to back updates. Would you be aware if there is a recent glitch that happened in JIRA or if there is 1 key that I accidentally clicked and made all these changes at once?

Also, now I am worried that I had accidentally done that to other user stories, without me knowing. I wouldn't have known if that colleague didn't inform me. Is there a feature that I could check at the end of day of any changes (intentional and unintentional) that I had made?

I appreciate any advice.

JIRA Unintentional Update.PNG

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hello @Krizzia Sanchez 

Welcome to the community.

If you select the Your Work menu, and then Go To Your Work Page, then select the Worked On tab, that should show you the issues you created and updated. You would need to look at the History of each issue to see what changes are attributed to you.

As far as how you might have triggered those changes, that will be extremely hard for us to diagnose since we don't have access to your environment.

It is unlikely that there was a glitch in Jira.

It is possible that there are automation rules that monitor the issues and make changes based on things that users do. You could contact the Project Administrator and Jira Administrator for your instance to ask them to investigate if any of the changes attributed to you could've been made by an Automation Rule. Rules can be set to run as "the user that triggered the rule" so even when the Automation Rule is making the change it is the user's name that appears in the change history.

Krizzia Sanchez September 15, 2022

Appreciate your prompt response, Trudy. I will contact our Project Admin for more information. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events