Unexpected results with custom date fields and calculated measures in eazyBI

Paul Garrett May 15, 2023

I am really struggling to figure out from the documentation what I am doing wrong here.

Planned, Expected, and Actual are custom date fields I've been using forever on our stories, and Plan-to-Exp and Exp-to-Act are new calculated measures. There are two issues in my eazyBI report.

image.png

First, the dates themselves are not displaying as dates, as is obvious from the screenshot.

I believe I have imported the fields correctly:

image.png

But I cannot figure out why this MDX is displaying some integer rather than an actual date:

image.png

Second, the calculation seems way off when I attempt to manually verify.

image.png

In that first row, Plan-to-Exp is correctly calculated as 5, but Exp-to-Act should be 4 not 32.

DateDiffWorkdays([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Planned Date'), [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Expected Date'))
DateDiffWorkHours([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Expected Date'), [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Handoff Date'))

All of this seems awfully simple for me to get wrong, but I'm really struggling to find an adequate explanation in the eazyBI documentation.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Paul Garrett ,

You have imported the fields correctly. But when creating new calculated measures, eazyBI sometimes guesses the default formatting incorrectly. Update the formatting of all three calculated measures, "Planned Handoff", "Expected Handoff", and "Actual Handoff", to dates. See more details here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members#Calculatedmeasuresandmembers-Formatting.

You can also use the default date properties, e.g., "Issue Planned Date". Those should have the correct formatting  already applied.

For your second problem, it seems you have used the DateDiffWorkHours() function for "Exp-to-Act" instead of DateDiffWorkdays(). Update the formula with the correct function, and you should have the expected result.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Paul Garrett May 17, 2023

This answered my questions perfectly! Thank you!

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events