Unexpected downtime issues

Alex Hutchinson May 5, 2023

Hello,

Brief Description

We are currently investigating downtime issues on our Jira Datacenter which is causing unexpected downtimes.

Current Jira Version

Jira Datacenter 8.20.14

DB and Jira service on the same VM. 

Jira is being run as a linux service on RHEL 8 Datacenter

Detailed description of the problem

Between 07:26 - 08:00 UK (Note these times are not fixed). time our Jira server stops functioning as expected. Symptoms include search results not responding and Jira timing out. Jira service recovers without any administrator intervention (VM restart or service restart).

I managed to capture a log for this issue today and broke down the log from the time the issue was reported and the time that the server was reported fixed.

I took a snapshot of this time from atlassian-jira.log and have started to review the log line by line.

However, I did notice something. We seem to be caching data from one application 217 times which I don't believe is normal (as it seems that it is the same line in the log - [c.a.c.e.c.d.j.w.data.HolidaySchemaImp.holiday-schema-list] Cache com.deniz.jira.worklog.data.HolidaySchemaImp.holiday-schema-list was flushed)

Although this log is from an application from "WorklogPro" I am curious as to what this is doing.

I am happy to send both the full log, DB log and the snapshot to you for analysis because at the moment everything reported by Jira looks normal.

Please let me know how I can send this too you and I will arrange this next week.

Thank you

Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Hi Alex,

We are the vendor for WorklogPRO. Can you create a support request on our support portal, Jira Plugins Support - Jira Service Management (atlassian.net), and attach the log in the ticket? 

Alex Hutchinson May 5, 2023

Sure no problem

Suggest an answer