Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attachment_error' of null

Fabrizio Cocco May 29, 2020

Hi, 

We wanted to use the issue collector from Jira.

We created it, but we always get after the push of the submit button following error in the console and the modal freezes.

com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:form-collector.js?locale=en-US:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attachment_error' of null
at l (com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:form-collector.js?locale=en-US:5)
at Object.success (com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:form-collector.js?locale=en-US:5)
at Object.r.success (batch.js?locale=en-US:399)
at HTMLIFrameElement.n (batch.js?locale=en-US:399)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rafal Sojka June 8, 2020

Hi, it is fixed in the latest Chrome version:  83.0.4103.97

2 votes
Kevin Ketchum May 29, 2020

I too am experiencing this (as well as other users).  Our issue collectors have been working well in the past.

If you are using Chrome, I strongly suspect it is due to the most recent update (Version 83.0.4103.61)

If I attempt to submit the issue collector while running on this version, the page hangs and eventually times out with the error you reported above.

If I use a different version of chrome, I don't see the error in the browser developer tools console, and the collector submit works.

Kevin Ketchum May 29, 2020

BTW, to find the version of chrome, WITHOUT UPDATING IT, paste this in the chrome URL field:
chrome://version/

Like Karthik Salugu likes this
SMAtlassianMber May 29, 2020

We are also running into the same thing today once chrome and edge upgrade from 81 to 83. We tried upgrade to Jira 8.5.4 and disabled SameSite by default cookies & Cookies without SameSite, as we thought it was related to this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70494 but neither worked. Any other suggestions? 

Like daniel.turnell likes this
Karthik Salugu May 30, 2020

I am also experiencing this issue.

daniel.turnell June 1, 2020

Also experiencing this issue as well.  Sorry I don't have a a solution.

Have found that our Jira issue collector work okay in Internet Explorer v11.535.18362.0 update version 11.0.165 (KB4530677).

Wojciech Domagała June 1, 2020

I see this bug too! 

fabricio.zeferino June 3, 2020

Same in here, when it will be fixed?

James Parkes June 3, 2020

we are also experiencing the same issue. we've developed a feedback and bug reporting tool that uses the issue collectors for our different products. when the user submits in Google Chrome, the forms hangs until ultimately resulting in the following error...

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 9.09.04 AM.png

Christian Nytvedt June 4, 2020

Get it fixed, NOW!

TODAY

Like James Parkes likes this
Kevin Ketchum June 4, 2020

It looks like Chrome has provided an update to address this.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I just tested this morning and it looks as if this version now allows issue collectors to work,

Like James Parkes likes this
James Parkes June 4, 2020

after upgrading this morning, our forms are back in action! thanks for the fix.

Like Kevin Ketchum likes this
Francois Dallaire June 4, 2020

I also confirm upgrading to Chrome 83.0.4103.97 fixes the issue. 

Like Kevin Ketchum likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events