Unable to update Resolved Date

Manisha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to update the resolution date of existing issues via CSV upload in JIRA Data Center. While importing the issues, getting the below error. Issue key, Summary, Issue Type and Resolution date(Field to be updated) mentioned in the csv file.  Using the date format -  MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM

Found 3 'External Issue ID' custom fields. Some issues may be imported twice. Found custom fields: [External issue ID, External Issue ID, External Issue ID]

CSV_Upload.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Manisha To import resolved date via csv, you have to import Resolution field as well along with Resolved Date. Give it a try. 

Issue Type Resolved Resolution
Request for Information 12/20/2021 14:40 Done

Resolved.PNG

Manisha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Thank you 🙂 @Vikrant Yadav  

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

@Manisha  Use date format MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm

Thanks

V.Y

pradeep km March 18, 2022

Is it possible to change resolved date...? 
Today date is 1/jan/2022 is it possible to update it as 31/dec/2022 as resolved date?
 i dnt think so its possible

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Hi @pradeep km Yes, it's possible to update Resolution. Above solution is for updating Resolution for existing issues. 

pradeep km March 20, 2022

System field or custom field.........?

MANISHA March 20, 2022

We can update values of both system and custom fields. It is system field in my case.

pradeep km March 20, 2022

Will it be possible to update future date as resolved date..........? 
Today I created issue and i want to update resolved date as 31/dec/2022

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2023

@pradeep km -

You will not be able to pre-populate the Resolved date because it requires the Resolution value to be set for the given issue.

Best, Joseph

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this

Suggest an answer