Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to update Issue via Addon

Sam Cruz I'm New Here Sep 22, 2022

There are issues that needs to be updated by an addon for some operations. However this is not possible if the Workflow status has the property jira.permission.edit.denied is set to true.
Is there a way to bypass this workflow status property during an addon operation/request?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Sam Cruz ,

that property avoid that issues in that status can be edited. My suggestion, if the addon uses a specific integration user to perform that edit operation is to replace your current property with :

• jira.permission.edit.user  - username_integration_user
  • jira.permission.edit.group - group containing all users that could edit 
  • jira.permission.edit.role - role containing all users that could edit 

Keep in mind that that permission will be executable also via UI.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , thank you for your fast response.

Also to give more details, currently, our addon is using the ACSB (Atlassian connect spring boot) library and we want to update a custom entity property of any issue bypassing the permissions so that's why we are requesting as an addon instead of requesting as a user.

We haven't tried it yet but do you think adding the atlassian-addons-project-access role to the jira.permission.edit.role should work as expected?

Thanks.

Hi @Steven Pila ,

I think that your approach will not work.

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

oh so meaning, in order to make it work the jira.permission.edit.denied property should be either removed or set to false, right? 

@Steven Pila , it should be removed or replaced with the other correctly configured.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,050 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events