Unable to update Issue via Addon

Sam Cruz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2022

There are issues that needs to be updated by an addon for some operations. However this is not possible if the Workflow status has the property jira.permission.edit.denied is set to true.
Is there a way to bypass this workflow status property during an addon operation/request?

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Sam Cruz ,

that property avoid that issues in that status can be edited. My suggestion, if the addon uses a specific integration user to perform that edit operation is to replace your current property with :

• jira.permission.edit.user  - username_integration_user
  • jira.permission.edit.group - group containing all users that could edit 
  • jira.permission.edit.role - role containing all users that could edit 

Keep in mind that that permission will be executable also via UI.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Steven Pila September 22, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , thank you for your fast response.

Also to give more details, currently, our addon is using the ACSB (Atlassian connect spring boot) library and we want to update a custom entity property of any issue bypassing the permissions so that's why we are requesting as an addon instead of requesting as a user.

We haven't tried it yet but do you think adding the atlassian-addons-project-access role to the jira.permission.edit.role should work as expected?

Thanks.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Steven Pila ,

I think that your approach will not work.

Fabio

Steven Pila September 22, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

oh so meaning, in order to make it work the jira.permission.edit.denied property should be either removed or set to false, right? 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

@Steven Pila , it should be removed or replaced with the other correctly configured.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events