Unable to set a default issue type.

Yathisha N March 28, 2024

1. I have been trying to change the default issue type in a project, but the default issue type      is not getting changed.

I tried to change the default issue type in issue type scheme, PFB attachment for your           reference. Please suggest here.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 170546.png

2. I have set the default description using behaviors, I have set different descriptions for different issue types in a project, but when I change the issue types the description has to change but it remains same. PFB attachment. Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2024-03-28 172252.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Yathisha N 

For (1), default issue type is only one part of the logic - it's used in a new user session, or for new users who haven't created an issue yet.

The Issue Types are displayed based on this rationale...

1. Most recently used issue type in user session
  2. Default issue type in the issue type scheme
  3. Ordering of issues in the issue type scheme

So if Epic is the last issue type you created, it will show as the issue type in the next creation action. This is confirmed in this comment here.

---

For (2), we might need to see your existing script to assist further with this one.

Ste

Yathisha N April 1, 2024

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thanks for the response, agreed with the answer which you have stated for(1).

For (2) PFB attachments for the script, FYI this is the example script which provided in the behavior's to set default text in the description field. 
Screenshot 2024-04-02 112239.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 114230.pngScreenshot 2024-04-02 114329.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events