Unable to see assignees in board cards

Maxime L July 13, 2021

Hi,

On the new Jira I have a Kanban board with tickets.

The tickets have assignees in the assignees fields - but I can't see them from the board. On this board I also appear as the only contributor on the right of the search field.

It feels like a bug, but it may also be a bad configuration. How could I solve that ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maxime L July 13, 2021

Ok, for some unknown reason I had a manually created field called "Assignee" which wasn't the system one.

I played with the workflows a while ago - to affect the ticket to someone when moved from "TODO" to "IN PROGRESS". This is probably where this duplicated field was created.

Thank you very much for the help guys !

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Yep, that would do it!  :-)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi Maxime,

You cannot currently modify the fields that show on Team-managed project boards. You should vote for this request and follow it for updates. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

But that isn’t the issue here I think John. According to Maxime, he is not seeing the avatars of the assignee on his TMP board. Can you reproduce that behavior?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Ah, I see now. No, I can't reproduce that behavior for the Assignee - I see the avatars.

@Maxime L  - Maybe try to do a Group by: Assignees and see if that makes any difference. 

Also, just to be sure, if you run a filter for the project - just something like: 

project = SCO 

And display the column for Assignee - do you see values there? 

Finally, do the Assignees have their Jira profile set to show their Avatar to either your organization or anyone? 

Maxime L July 13, 2021

GroupBy Assignee results with a single line "Unassigned" (Non assigné) despite of having assignees on these tickets

When listing the tickets, all of them are set to No Assignees.

I recently switched back to a French computer, and there is something really weird: in the tickets details - all the fields are translated to french excepted the Assignee one (should be "Responsable", but it still be Assignee). I suspect a misconfig in my fields.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Ah….so issues are unassigned from board’s perspective.

Like John Funk likes this
Maxime L July 13, 2021

Ok, for some unknown reason I had a manually created field called "Assignee" which wasn't the system one.

I played with the workflows a while ago - to affect the ticket to someone when moved from "TODO" to "IN PROGRESS". This is probably where this duplicated field was created.

Thank you very much for the help guys !

image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Thanks for the update. I recommend you create your own answer to the cause here and accept that answer.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Hi @Maxime L ,

Cards can be configured to show up to three extra fields in card layout.

QQ截图20210713162516.png

Maxime L July 13, 2021

Hi Ollie, I can't see a such option

It seems we're not using the same version of Jira - I'm using the "new experience" version

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Go to more (...) -> Board settings and click Card layout.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-cards/

QQ截图20210713163310.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

@Maxime L , please share what you are seeing. I suspect you may be using a board that is not configurable.

Maxime L July 13, 2021

Capture d’écran 2021-07-13 à 13.10.23.png

Maxime L July 13, 2021

Those are the board settings

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Thanks. So you’re on TMP. Now if you don’t mind please share an image of your board. I have a test TMP project and verified I am seeing the avatars of the assignee.

Maxime L July 13, 2021

Capture d’écran 2021-07-13 à 13.23.17.png

This is the board - there is more than 5 people working on it and being assignees but I only see my face

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Well I’m scratching my head a bit here to be honest. I know there’s been a lot of changes to TMP and various templates so what I am seeing what you were saying won’t necessarily line up. Another question if you go into one of the issues assign to someone else do you see their avatar there? 

hopefully someone can provide a definitive answer here. If not, I would definitely recommend reaching out to Atlassian support directly and see if they can comment on this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events