Unable to delete an issue

Jerome Ortiz April 21, 2021

Hi, I'm trying to delete an issue but this error always appears. 

Is there anyone who encountered this before? 

20210421.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Yep, it's a quirk of the lexorank system, which can happen when an issue and the issues around it have been repeatedly re-ranked in a similar area.  It's a bit more complex than this but you could say "it's run out of gaps to move things into".  It can also happen if the database or index get damaged by something (frankly, it's almost always the index)

Try this sequence:

1. Re-index.  Either the system, or just the project(s) you are trying to delete from
  2. Run the lexorank re-balancing
  3. Re-index the project(s) (fine to run a full system index if you want)

This usually fixes a broken ranking and will let you delete again.

You may find lexorank indexing errors in the logs in the first run, but it will complete.  Don't worry about those errors, they should go away when you hit step 3.

(If you only run project re-indexing in step 1, then this may not work - if it does not fix it, then run step 1 again but with a full re-index)

Jerome Ortiz April 23, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

I followed the steps you provided but I got stuck in this part. After running the lexorank re-balancing, I don't see any progress or status. Is this normal? 

20210423_JIRA.PNG

Suggest an answer