• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to deactivate users despite being an admin

I have am working on a project for which I need to add a collaborator temporarily.  However when I try to invite the user I get the message "You've reached the maximum number of users for one of your products". 

So I need to deactivate old users which are no longer active on Jira, however when I try to get to user management I am locked out with the message "You need permission, request access from your administrator".

What am I missing?  I am able to log into the "Trusted users" admin portal and invite new users, is there a spot I can have my permission changed so that I can access the user-management section of the site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Feb 11, 2021

you must be a site/system admin not just a Project admin. Please reach out to that individual about taking care of the users or giving you the necessary admin permissions.

@Jack This ended up being the issue!  Thanks so much for helping track it down!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 11, 2021

Hi Clay - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds like you might be on the Free plan.

It only allows you to have 10 Jira users or 3 Jira Service Management users or 10 Confluence users. It might be one of those that is tripping you up. 

@John Funk Thanks for the reply!  Will deactivating non-active Jira users allow us to add new users?

John Funk Community Leader Feb 11, 2021

Yes 🙂

Like Clay Wightman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

149 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you