Unable to create new workflow as Admin

Ashley Autrey June 4, 2021

I am unable to create a new workflow with my Admin access level on this board. I need to create a new workflow in order to reduce some extra available status that are causing confusion. I do see any option to create a new workflow in my board permission sets or remove or change the existing active workflow

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Hi Ashley - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you working with? Team-managed? Company-managed? Business project? 

Ashley Autrey June 7, 2021

it is team managed 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Team-managed has a built in workflow so you can't create another workflow for it. You can only modify the one that is there. 

Ashley Autrey June 7, 2021

What about company-managed? I dont see the ability to modify anything on the workflow even though I am the admin

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

You have to be a Jira Administrator to modify a shared workflow, and not just a Project Admin. 

To modify a workflow, go to Settings (the gear icon in the navigation bar) > Issues > Workflows

If you do not see the option for Issues under the Settings icon, then you are not a Jira Administrator. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events