Unable to create Issue via Jira API

David Whitlock September 6, 2022

Hello,

I am testing creating a Jira issue via the APIs using the endpoint rest/api/2/issue.

When I POST this payload '{"fields":{"summary":"Main order flow broken","issuetype":{"name":"Story","subtask":false},"project":{"id":"13000","key":"XYZ","name":"XYZ","projectTypeKey":"software","projectCategory":{"id":"10008"}},"description":"Entering a Story via API"}}'

I get the following response:  {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","description":"Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Any idea what I am doing wrong? My user does have admin access to the target project

2 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

I will suggest reviewing your permission scheme after checking your field screens to ensure those fields exist there.

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hi @David Whitlock 

Please ensure your project exists, the Story issue type is assigned to the project, and the screen assigned to the create issue operation under the Issue Type Screen Scheme has all of the fields (summary and description) you are adding to the payload of your request.

Cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events