Unable to connect to Power BI

Balaji Muralilal October 10, 2018

When I am trying to connect via Apps (JIRA) provided in power BI, it fails.

Referred to this URL and tried connecting to JIRA from Power BI. However, no luck.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi/

3 answers

0 votes
JD Lobue July 24, 2021

Is Jira no longer an app in Power BI? I am unable to find JIRA as an app. Thanks

0 votes
Juan Pablo Chemes June 14, 2019

same problem. Tried with Basic authentication, that it works OK (with API Token) but no data shown on PowerBi.  Only Jira logo and column names, but no data.

Syncs finished with no error in PowerBI, and Jira shows token was used.

any suggestion?

thanks

Juan Pablo Chemes June 26, 2019

Fixed the issue, I was using the token name + key to authenticate w/basic auth, which authenticated OK but with no authorization to pull data.  Fixed that and now PBI gets the data.

Now that it syncs data ok, I don´t know how to filter by project (we have many projects in Jira and want to get bugs for a particular one), and it only return a set of xxx records, so I´m not getting the bugs for the project I need.  Is there a way to set those parameters?  (either using the standard PBI app or the pbit)

thanks JP

James Robison June 26, 2019

We bought and connected the all in one Jira to power bi connector and it works great. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

"It fails" tells us nothing.

What are the errors?  How have you configured it?

Balaji Muralilal October 12, 2018

These are the steps I have followed to configure

After logged into Power BI

Clicked Apps --> JIRA --> Get it now --> (I have given Jira's URL) --> Anonymous --> "Sign in"

This has enabled to have "JIRA" under my Apps.

Now, when I looked into the out of box dashboard, no visuals came except JIRA Logo.

Am not sure, whether I am doing the right steps to get the Apps.

Like James Robison likes this
James Robison February 1, 2019

I have had the same problem. There is no data coming into Power BI.

Suggest an answer