Unable to change workflow for issue type

Shachar Ovadia March 21, 2023

I am unable to change my issue type's workflow.

after pressing 'Publish' in the workflow scheme, i move the old status to the new one.

but then, after pressing 'Associate', i get his empty screen when it says :

Issues

Publish Workflows

Step 1 of 2: The current status of each issue needs to be changed so that it is compatible with the new workflows.

and by the way, there are no issues in those statuses. where i associate them.

4 answers

2 votes
Luca Alotto March 29, 2023

Hi I've got the same issue. I think it's something wrong on Jira's side. This is the V3 of a workflow we user by almost 6 months. I simply removed a transition and I get an error when I publish it.

I'm publishing an issue scheme shared by other 2 projects.

Luca Alotto March 29, 2023

Maybe I've get it. One of the projects that was using the workflow scheme was in trash bin. By removing it permanently, Jira made it to publish the new workflow scheme

Hector Vazquez April 5, 2023

This is the right answer, had the same issue and it worked after I removed the projects from the trash bin.

It is a bug in Jira.

@Shachar Ovadia Please mark it as the answer.

Ian Ratner April 7, 2023

Same here.  Permanently deleting the projects solved the problem.

0 votes
Ian Ratner April 7, 2023

I have this same issue

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi Shachar,

So you press Associate and get the message, but nothing else on the screen? No progress bar or anything? 

Have you tried on another browser? Or with Incognito mode?

Shachar Ovadia March 22, 2023

I did try to do it in another browser, even in incognito mode, same result...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

What about the first questions?

Shachar Ovadia March 23, 2023

same...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Can you share some screenshots of what happens? 

Shachar Ovadia March 23, 2023

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 11.01.41.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-23 at 11.02.30.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-23 at 11.02.51.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-23 at 11.03.18.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

What issue types did you link the new workflow to when you added it to the workflow scheme? It says there are no issue types linked to it. 

Shachar Ovadia April 3, 2023

This is the same issue type that were linked in the first place, but could not publish the workflow after changing it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Can you include some screenshots of where you link the new workflow to the issue type?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Has the project attached to the workflow been moved to the trash?

0 votes
Syed Muhammad Ammad Mansoor March 21, 2023

make sure the same issue is not associated with the default workflow.

Shachar Ovadia March 22, 2023

It is attached right now to the default workflow, but as i know we can change it's workflow even if the old WF was the default.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events