5. update
  6. confirm update
  7. component rendered not changed - still autocomplete renderer

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris July 10, 2021

Confirmed bug by Atlassian if anyone else is interested https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71257

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

There is a system defined field named "Component" which displays in the Issue View with the field label "Components". This field will not appear when you are viewing Custom Fields, because it is a system defined field. This field is tied to the Components defining feature that you would see in the navigation pane on the left for your Company Managed projects.

If you are finding a "Components" field in your Custom Field list then that is likely a secondary "components" field that one of your Jira administrators defined. Defining Custom Fields with names that are close to the same as system-defined fields can be confusing.

Can you show use screen images for what you are seeing in your Custom Fields screen, and what you are looking at when you say "component rendered not changed"?

Chris July 7, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill  I'm just below "Custom fields" in "Field configuration".  Then Default Field Configuration, then scroll down to Components (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/organize-work-with-components/).  There is a "Renderers" link that lets you switch from autocomplete to select.  However whenever I save it always reverts to autocomplete

Screenshot 2021-07-07 175914.jpg

I basically want to disable the ability to type anything in the component box when creating a ticket and if the user has a typo or makes something up, a new component is created (which I later have to find, merge to the right component, and delete)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Sorry, my mistake. I did not pay close enough attention to the link text you included in your original post.

I see the same behavior when I try it.

I have not yet found any other posts or an Atlassian issue on this topic.

A new component will be made only if the user is assigned to the Administrator role for the project. Only the users in that role should be able to create new Component values by typing into the Component field. Could you mitigate the issue by reducing the people assigned to the Administrator role?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events