Unable to Restore XML Backup while migrate jira cloud to jira server

Алексей Леконцев September 26, 2018

Hi,

We are trying to migrate JIRA from jira cloud to jira server, JIRA installation has done on linux machine JIRA version Version : 7.12.1.

Facing issue while restoring XML backup zip formate getting below error please suggest.

Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Action][updateauthor,vkatorgin][issue,33709][author,vkatorgin][created,2017-01-23 16:22:37.27][id,62590][type,comment][body,👏 ][updated,2017-01-23 16:22:37.27] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, actiontype, actionlevel, rolelevel, actionbody, CREATED, UPDATEAUTHOR, UPDATED, actionnum) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x91\x8F ' for column 'actionbody' at row 1)) java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Action][updateauthor,vkatorgin][issue,33709][author,vkatorgin][created,2017-01-23 16:22:37.27][id,62590][type,comment][body,👏 ][updated,2017-01-23 16:22:37.27] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, actiontype, actionlevel, rolelevel, actionbody, CREATED, UPDATEAUTHOR, UPDATED, actionnum) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x91\x8F ' for column 'actionbody' at row 1))

Regards,

Alex Lekontsev.

3 answers

Firas AlTamimi March 25, 2019

can you advise me what to do with this download file atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1.jar

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2019

The command is on that page

java -jar atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1.jar entities.xml > entities-clean.xml
Like Corentin Méhat likes this
Jesús Jorge Muñoz April 12, 2019

I was experiencing the same issue and this workaround worked for me!

Thank you @Алексей Леконцев !

Gagandeep Singh Chawla April 12, 2021

works very well !!! Thanks

0 votes
Алексей Леконцев September 26, 2018

We use MySQL 5.7.23

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Which database are you using? From a quick glance at the errors I would hazard a guess at mysql - which doesn't support the characters you are importing.

You can manually remove them all from the backup file before restoring.

Suggest an answer